Our mission at Ori Biotech is to enable patient access to a new generation of life saving cell and gene therapies. We have created a platform technology which automates cell and gene therapy manufacturing and has the potential to help make these treatments affordable and widely available to patients at scale.
Revolutionary scientific breakthroughs are currently being made in cell and gene therapy (CGT) to treat all types of disease ranging from cancer to rare genetic diseases. The first products using these technologies have come to market, and currently, there are more than 1500 clinical trials underway to bring even more products to the patients who need them.
The problem is that while these treatments are amazing, they are very expensive and can only be produced in very small volumes. This is where Ori Biotech comes in. Ori Biotech’s founding team is made up of cell and gene therapy/ life sciences veterans and has the backing of some of the top VCs in the US and UK. Having just closed its £23M Series A funding round in August 2020, the company is entering a rapid growth phase bringing on new team members to service its growing customer base.
This is an excellent time to join our world class team and be an integral part of bringing the Ori platform to market.
The Chief Data Officer will have the following responsibilities:
- Own the data strategy. Responsible for setting and executing Ori’s data strategy and long term vision of a fully digital cell and gene manufacturing platform
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies. You will be accountable for systems and operations that ensure compliance with regulations such as GMP, HIPAA, and GDPR
- Own the product strategy for your area. Lead data and system architecture design decisions
- Guide the data analytics and necessary visualisation of software to streamline manufacturing operations for customers and partners.
- Manage development of data stores, gather requirements, organise sources, and support product launches.
- Identify and work with partners and firms that are interested in signing data sharing agreements with Ori, review data sharing protocols and agreements.
- Create a high performing team. Build, manage and mentor a team of data scientists, software engineers who work alongside the biological science team to deliver solutions to Ori’s customers.
- Partner with other business lines. Work with other senior leaders and departments to deliver on the product and overall business strategy.
- Act as a thought leader. Represent Ori to the CGT and data ecosystems to reinforce Ori’s thought leadership position in
- CGT data interoperability, analysis and insights
- End to end patient manufacturing records (API expertise)
- Rapid in trial process development (bioprocess modelling)
- Automate QA/QC (bio process modelling and QA/QC)
- Data exploitation (bus dev and cloud expertise)
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about Ori’s mission to enable patient access to a new generation of life saving cell and gene therapies
You have experience working in cell and gene therapy, antibody bioprocessing and/or biologics manufacturing experience also considered
You have experience managing digital/data transformation projectsand building cloud – based data architectures
Prior experience managing large scale Machine learning/data science initiatives and cloud computing
Experience building out cloud-native scalable streaming applications alongside Hadoop/Spark based analytical infrastructure
Translate complex data jargon for non-technical audience, communicate the requirements, and decisions to different stakeholders including the hardware team, partners, and the board.
Experience building out consumer and enterprise services.
You are excited to build a company from the ground up, and are excited about working in an agile, fast paced, and unstructured environment
- PhD in Computer Science, Data Science, MI or any other related field. MBA is highly desirable.
- 8-10 years’ experience of working within Data Analytics or Data Science
- You will have a track record of building teams, and developing individuals
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Fluent English speaker