Senior Software Engineer – UK
Office based - UK (Cambridge) some flexible home working
Competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme and private medical insurance
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to help our scientists and mechanical engineers to develop our industry changing platform.
You will work through the entire software development engineering life-cycle, taking concepts into workable and testable software and support the software system build and production. You will have a lot of hands-on opportunities working with our embedded controller boards interfacing with electro-mechanical hardware peripherals.
- Leads software programmes for embedded systems development using C++ and C
- Experience designing and implementing software quality patterns and practices (continuous integration, static analysis, unit testing, integrated testing)
- Experience interfacing software with hardware peripherals such as GPIO, ADC/DAC, I2C/SPI, UART/Serial protocol.
- Software testing experience including writing automated test scripts
- Experience of developing API’s to control bespoke electronic equipment
- Proficient with source control management repositories and CM practices
- A high-level of competence, integrity and communication
- Ability to take requirements from non-software scientists, design a solution and explain back to them what you are proposing in non-software language that they will understand.
- Practical pragmatic results-oriented mindset
- Passionate about wanting to work on products that impact the world positively
- Ability to be agile and work in a start-up environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – able to take complex software concepts and propose them in non-software language to colleagues
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a strong focus on attention to detail
- Takes initiative when required and keeps others informed of decisions
- Proven ability to engage constructively and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives
- Passionate about wanting to make a difference in patient outcomes
Please send an up to date CV, with salary expectations with a short cover note indicating your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies.