Senior Software Engineer
UK - Hybrid - Home / Cambridge
Competitive salary and benefits package, including a pension scheme and private medical insurance.
We are seeking a passionate senior software engineer to help our scientists and mechanical engineers to develop our industry-changing platform.
You will work through the entire software development engineering life cycle, taking concepts into workable and testable software and supporting the software system build and production. You will have a lot of hands-on opportunities working with our embedded controller boards interfacing with electro-mechanical hardware peripherals.
- Leading new application development for the Ori platform.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements.
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design.
- A high level of competence, integrity and communication.
- Ability to take requirements from non-software scientists, design a solution and explain back to them what you are proposing in non-software language that they will understand.
- Practical pragmatic results-oriented mindset.
- Passionate about wanting to work on products that impact the world positively.
- Ability to be agile and work in a start-up environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – able to take complex software concepts and propose them in non-software language to colleagues.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with a strong focus on attention to detail.
- Takes initiative when required and keeps others informed of decisions.
- Proven ability to engage constructively and collaboratively with colleagues at all levels across different departments to deliver objectives.
- Passionate about wanting to make a difference in patient outcomes.
Contract Type: Permanent
Please send an up to date CV, with salary expectations with a short cover note indicating your suitability to firstname.lastname@example.org
No recruitment agencies.